You may think it’s fine to drive around that 20 year old sedan you bought from your grandfather, but you are probably wrong. Driving an old, junk car can be dangerous for you and others and is a hazard on the road. However, we can help you out by giving your cash for your junk car and towing it from any state in the country, from Delaware to California.
Here we will explain 10 reasons that the junker you’re driving is better off in a salvage yard than on the road.
- Reduced Braking Power – older cars have older brakes, that’s just the truth. Unless you’re keeping a vigilant eye on your brakes, it’s likely that yours are worn down. Worn brake pads can cause trouble. Plus, older cars have less sophisticated braking systems than current models. Generally, older cars are just less safe than new ones.
- Rust – when you let your car develop rust, it becomes a danger death trap. Rust in the chassis or undercarriage can cause your car to slowly come apart. And the last thing you want is for it to all fall apart while you’re speeding down the highway.
- Repair Costs – side-by-side with reduced brakes and rust comes repair costs. Older cars break down more often and can result in high mechanic costs. And is your junker even worth as much as the repairs?
- Lack of New Safety Technology – newer models of cars are chock-full of safety technology that can save your life in an accident. Everything from advanced airbags, auto braking, and rear-view cameras can make a huge difference. Your old clunker doesn’t have these things and could make an accident worse.
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning – an old car can have rusted exhaust pipes or pipes that pull emissions into the vehicle instead of out. In this case, your car may be pulling deadly carbon monoxide into the car, which could severely impact your brain and health and even cause death.
- Breaking Down – everyone’s worst nightmare is breaking down on the side of the road with no one in sight. Older cars are more likely to break down, and you don’t want to get stranded in the middle of nowhere. This can also put you at risk of an accident if you break down in the middle of the road or somewhere without a pull off.
We don’t want to scare you, but an unsafe car is a dangerous thing. You’re always better off selling that car and getting a newer model than crossing your fingers and hoping today is not the day it breaks down. Contact us today to get started.