What to do with your old junker? Or the random car parts you have lying around your garage?
Instead of tossing them into a landfill, get ready to turn on your creative juices! These fun DIY ideas offer a few ways you can turn your junk into unique statement pieces for your home or garden.
1. Make a modern bench out of the car’s backseat.
2. Paint tires and use them as a planter.
3. Mount the steering wheel to the bathroom wall and use it as a towel hanger.
4. Barbeque under your car roof. Grilling is one of the best parts about summer and barbequing under the hood of your refurbished junker would make it even better. If you plan on gutting the car or have done so already, then this one might be for you. Check out videos and blogs of those that have done it before to see if you’re up for the challenge. If so, you’re sure to impress friends and family at your next cookout.
5. Turn your car into a garden planter. If your junker is a truck, this will be a little easier. The truck bed is already built to be a planter. Fill it with wood chips, as soil may be too heavy for the bed to support, and start adding potted plants. Anything from daisies to cabbage will work. Since a car doesn’t have a bed, you will need to remove the top. Once removed, the process is the same. Fill the car with wood chips and then any potted plants of your choice. You can even use your junk car or truck as part of a waterfall in your garden.
Creatively recycling your junk car and its parts offers a fresh outlet for your ingenuity, beautifies your home, and helps keep the environment clean. So what do you have to lose? Give it a try!