What Exactly is a Junk Car?…. How do You Know if it’s Time to Sell It?
What is a Junk Car?
In general, the term “junk car” means that a car is incapable of operation or use on the road and has no resale value except as a source of parts or scrap.
Signs that It’s Time to Sell You Junk Car
According to automotive site Edmunds and Consumer Reports, when repair costs start to exceed the vehicle’s value or one year’s worth of monthly payments on a replacement, it’s time to break up with your car.
Most people agree that it’s not that easy. Memories of driving excursions with family and friends, or of solo rides through the countryside, music blasting, make it more difficult to give up your “baby.” By paying attention to the following signs, you can make your own informed decision about whether or not it’s time to get rid of your junk car.
- Age: Is your car too old for the road? If so, you will not be able to find a buyer because it’s too difficult to find parts such as seats and airbags. Driving the car would be a safety risk.
- Damage: If your car is severely damaged or deteriorated, or is missing major parts (engine, motor, transmission or tires), you may be ready to junk it. The price of repairing your car is too much compared to its value. If a natural disaster, flood, or fire damage your new car, then you should junk it.
- Low Safety Rating: If you junk car’s safety rating falls well below modern standards, it’s time to junk it. Driving around in a junker without airbags is an accident waiting to happen.
- Missing Title: If you have acquired a vehicle with no title, it is illegal to sell it until the necessary documentation is gotten. This can often be a lengthy, costly process that’s usually more trouble than what the vehicle is worth. However, assuming the car isn’t stolen, it is perfectly legal for you to sell it to an auto recycling yard, such as Junk Car Traders
- Rust: When you first bought your car, you may have noticed a bit of rust on the exterior, but didn’t give it much thought. Flash forward a few more years, and you see that the rust has started to run along the car’s undercarriage. Now it’s time to worry, and you should definitely consider junking your rust bucket.
Above all, ask yourself if you feel safe driving your junk car, and whether you think that driving it on the highways is a responsible thing to do for the safety of others.
Contact Junk Car Traders
If you decide that the timing is right to junk your car, the best way to get the most cash for it is to work with a reputable national junk car buyer like Junk Car Traders.
We not only know how to repurpose your whole vehicle and resell the scrap and parts, we pass those profits on to you! Unlike junkyards, we sell the car parts on to others, and so we can offer you a better price. Depending on the popularity of your vehicle type and the amount of metal it has (the bigger the car, the better), you could be walking away with at least a few hundred dollars in cash!
So what are you waiting for? Call us today at 855-959-1325.